The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the pioneer and leading department in terms of well-educated faculty members, research activities as well as facilities. Established in 1990, the Mechanical Engineering Department offers courses in B.Tech (Mechanical) and M.Tech. (Manufacturing Science & Technology and Thermal Engineering) and Ph.D Programme (through AKTU) affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow suiting to the requirements of modern industry and research. M.Tech in Manufacturing Science and Technology was started in 2006 and M.Tech in Thermal Engineering was started in 2012.
The Department has well equipped labs with modern facilities such as equipment, measuring tools, advanced machines and latest software. Department has been supported by the World Bank through TEQIP-I (Ist phase), continuing with TEQIP-II and TEQIP-III for development of labs and infrastructure. The labs include CAM Lab with CNC machines, CAD Lab with softwares like Solidworks, Ansys, etc, Heat and Mass transfer lab, Refrigeration and Air conditioning lab, DOM lab, Materials and Testing lab, Mechanics lab, Fluid Machinery lab, Automobile lab, power plant lab, Manufacturing science lab, Applied thermodynamics lab and workshop with welding, machine, forging, sheet metal, carpentry and fitting shop. Wire EDM, ZNC EDM, ECM, Lab view for virtual instrumentation along with temperature and pressure sensors with DAQ card, Computerized Hardness tester, Pin on disc Wear test apparatus, Metallurgical Microscope have been purchased with support of TEQIP.
The Department presents a nice blend of courses focusing on recent development in engineering and technology with special emphasis on design, thermal technologies, production processes, automobiles and CAD/CAM. The department is fully centred on the all-round development of students. All the faculties are keen to provide all round support to the students for their full-fledged development.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is currently accredited by National Board of Accreditation(NBA) w.e.f. 20 Nov 2019 for 3 years. Department was previously accredited w.e.f. 19 March 2004 for 3 sears and again w.e.f .22 Jan 2008 for 3 years. Most of the faculty are well qualified and have completed their PhD from premier institutions like IITs, NITs, etc. The faculty of the Mechanical Engineering Department has published research papers in international conferences and reputed refereed international and national journals. The faculties have good experience in guiding PhD and M.Tech students.
- To strengthen academic infrastructure leading to quality professionals in the field of mechanical engineering
- To impart the domain knowledge to the students through well designed curriculum based on the inputs from stakeholders to serve the needs of industry and society.
- To enhance the technical skill through collaborations with premier academic institutions, research organizations and industries to promote the employability and inculcate entrepreneurship
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To empower the students with the knowledge of contemporary science, mechanical engineering related subjects and develop domain skills.
- Promote higher education, research and development and other innovative efforts in Mechanical Engineering related areas.
- Prepare graduates to pursue career in industry or higher education by improving technical, professional and communication skills.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- To empower the students to apply practical skills, knowledge in major streams such as design, thermal, manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- To enable the student to take up career in industries or to pursue higher studies in mechanical and interdisciplinary programs with regard for ethics, environment and society.